Booking gym sessions and group exercise classes online is easy! Simply follow the steps below:
- To sign-in, simply click the ‘Book A Works Session Now‘ button below.
- Use the sign-in details that were sent to you in an email from The Works Health & Recreation Club. If you have not received your sign-in details, please contact Reception on (07) 4688 0700.
- Select the ‘session type’ using the drop down box on the left side of the screen. If you would like to book a general gym session, please select either Toowoomba Works Session, Ipswich Works Session or Springfield Works Session. If you would like to book a group exercise class, please select either Group Class or Low Impact.
- Simply click the ‘Book Class’ button on the right side of the screen.
- Confirm the details are correct and then click ‘Make a single reservation’.
Frequently Asked Questions
From Thursday 4 June 2020, the gyms at Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich will re-open but there will be some changes to the way we utilise the gym.
Following the guidelines for Queensland’s Stage 2 restrictions, the maximum capacity allowed in the Centre at any given time, at each location, is 20 (including staff). Additionally, there are some extra sanitation and social distancing requirements to implement. We have implemented an online booking system and you will notice extra signage as well as entry/exit and sanitation procedures.
The online booking system will allow members to book a ‘Works Session’ in advance so that you are not left waiting at the door for somebody to leave before you can enter. The ‘Works Sessions’ will be 45-minutes in length and will be offered on the hour throughout the day. Unfortunately during this time 24/7 gym access will not be available along with Les Mills Virtual. Please stay tuned as the online booking system will be released in the coming days!
If you would prefer to book a session over the phone or have not received your login details, please contact one of our Reception team, between 9am to 4pm, by phoning (07) 4688 0700.
From Monday 15 June 2020, we will be re-introducing some face-to-face Group Exercise Classes including Les Mills Pump, Pilates, Yoga and Low Impact Classes.
The Works Health & Recreation Club has adopted an industry approved COVIDSafe plan which grants us the ability to increase capacity, this has allowed us to open the Upstairs Group Exercise Room for Group Exercise Classes. Bookings are essential as the maximum capacity allowed in the Upstairs Group Exercise Room at any given time, is 20 (including staff). Social distancing measures will be introduced to all classes to safeguard our members and staff during classes.
For all available face-to-face classes and times, please click on the ‘BOOK A WORKS SESSION NOW‘ button above. Please note, that we will still be offering some classes via Zoom, so please be sure to refer to the Online Booking System for details and to book.
From Wednesday 3 June 2020, all Memberships will be re-activated. We have made the decision to discount our rates whilst we remain on Stage 2 Restrictions to thank you in advance for your patience and adherence to the Government requirements. Please read the details below on how this will affect the different membership types.
DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS
If you are a Direct Debit member, you will only be charged 50% of your regular fortnightly payment. Your first Direct Debit payment will be deducted from your account on 03.06.2020.
If you are a Term member, you have already paid for your membership in full up front. Whilst we can’t discount the rate, we will extend the term of your membership by an additional 2 weeks for free (Half of the anticipated 4 week duration of Level 2 restrictions).
Unfortunately, you will not be able to sign up to a new membership during Stage 2 restrictions. As our gym sessions are limited, we want to maximise the availability of gym sessions to our current members.
Casual visitors are welcome to attend our face-to-face Group Exercise Classes including Pilates, Yoga and Low Impact Classes. Bookings are essential as there are limited spaces available, so please phone Reception on 07 4688 0700 to book.
To answer simply, Yes! The Tennis Courts in Toowoomba will be available from Monday 15 June 2020. Please bring all of your own gear, ready to play as we will be unable to loan equipment during this time. You will be required to check-in with Reception upon arrival and social distancing must be maintained whilst on the Tennis Courts.
If you are a member and do not have your membership card on you, you will be asked for another form of identification so please come prepared with some form of identification. To comply with the Government requirements, our Reception Team will also need to confirm your contact details are up to date when you check-in.
If you are not a member, you will be required to complete a manual sign-in slip at Reception.
The safety of our Members and Staff is our top priority, so we have implemented a number of changes that will help ensure everyone’s safety during this time. You will notice new signage around the Gyms. Please take the time to read and follow these instructions so that we can get you back in the gym safely.
As per Government requirements:
- All members will be required to update your membership details and ‘Sign In’ upon entry to the Centre.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing amenities will be available at the Centre. Hand sanitation will be required as you enter and exit the gym.
- Disinfectant wipes will be available throughout the gym for Members to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- The Changerooms and Showers will be closed. Please note the Government advises you to shower before and after your gym session in your own home. The Toilets will still be available.
- There will be no access to the Stadium, Tennis Centre and Tennis Courts.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- There will be limited access to selected facility zones and equipment/machines.
- We will be conducting frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection.
- Floor markers and queuing lanes will be put in place to promote physical distancing.
The Works@Home, our online training app, launched at the beginning of the COVID-19 shutdown, is still available for FREE for a short time only until Level 3 restrictions come into effect (potentially 13 July), so get in quick if you would like avail of this free trial.
All going well with the COVID-19 curve, we hope that these restrictions are only temporary. Stage 3 is currently earmarked for 13 July, when it’s anticipated 100 members will be allowed to attend the gym at a time. To celebrate Stage 3, we will be inviting members to join our “Fast Start” Challenge to kick those COVID blues (and kilos) to the kerb. Stay tuned!
We would like to thank you for your understanding and ongoing support during this time. We will keep you informed about any changes to our service during these restrictions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Practise physical distancing by maintaining 1.5m distance from others at all times.
- If you have experienced a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or travelled overseas or been in close contact with someone who has the virus in the past month, please do not enter the Centre or Gym.
- Please bring a fresh towel with you to the gym to use on the Equipment.
- Please bring your own water bottle to the gym.
- We encourage all members to download the COVIDSafe app to assist in COVID contact tracing, should there be a local outbreak.