The Inner Zen Program – has been developed to offer members an alternative to the exercise that is offered already here at The Works gym – we recognize that not everyone wants a full gym experience as a way to maintain and create positive health and fitness.
There are many who are looking for a more gentle mindful approach to their health and fitness program and this is exactly what the Inner Zen program is – a combination of Pilates, Yoga and meditation classes which are offered at various times throughout the day.
Yoga is an ancient form or meditation which engages the body and mind, there are many types of Yoga practices but for our program with have chosen to focus two different styles of yoga to offer participants variety.
Vinyasa yoga which is movement synchronized to the breath – Vinyasa is often referred to as flow yoga as the style is so smooth and way the movements come together becomes almost dance like.
Hatha yoga which is a gentle, basic yoga class with no flow between the poses. It is often a slow paced stretching class with some simple breathing exercises and meditation.
Pilates was developed by Joseph Pilates as a form of physical and metal conditioning – for the our program we are focusing on mat Pilates which will incorporate a series of exercise to help tone, strengthen, improve core stability and flexibility, but most dramatically the overall health of the body.
There are two main benefit for staff and students in providing a New Program like the Inner Zen –
The Mental Benefits
- The mental focus and controlled breathing you use to perform yoga and Pilates helps in the reduction of stress
- It helps to improve and regulate your mood through the release of positive endorphin’s
- It also may help to feel relaxed and improve sleep patterns
- It may improve energy levels and even help with depression.
The Physical Benefits
- Improves flexibility, increase range of motion, balance and posture
- Helps strengthen, tone muscles without adding the bulk
- Strengthens the core, and back muscles
- Can assess in reducing blood pressure
But most of all is has be shown that when your overall health and wellbeing improves so does the quality and enjoyment of your life.
For more info about the program click here!